Personal Information Collection Statment
China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Limited (the “Company”) recognizes its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by the Company is accurate. The Company will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorized or accidental access, erasure or other use.
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. Please note that if you do not provide us with the required personal information, the Company may not be able to provide your requested information, products or services.
In this Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”), the following terms shall have these following meanings:
“Our affiliates” means any subsidiary undertaking of the Company, any associated company of the Company, and parent undertaking of the Company, any subsidiary undertaking of parent undertaking, any associated companies undertaking of parent undertaking, for the avoidance doubt, undertaking within the group of China Life Insurance (Group) Company (“Our affiliates” shall be construed accordingly).
Purpose：From time to time it is necessary for us to use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Offering, providing and marketing to you the products/services of the Company, our affiliates or our co-branding partners (see “Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes” below), and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such products/services;
- Processing and evaluating any applications or requests made by you for products/services offered by the Company and our affiliates;
- Providing subsequent services (including but not limited to health inspection / management) to you and administering the policies issued including but not limited to additions, alterations, variations, cancellation, renewal or reinstatement;
- Any purposes in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you or other claimants in respect of any products/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates, including investigation of claims; detect and prevent fraud (whether or not relating to the policy issued in respect of this application);
- Evaluating your financial needs;
- Designing new or enhancing existing products/services of the Company and/or our affiliates;
- Conducting market or actuarial research for statistical or similar purposes undertaken by the Company and/or our affiliates, the financial services industry or our respective regulators;
- Investigating any data held which relates to you from time to time for any of the purposes listed herein;
- Meeting requirements imposed by any applicable, present, existing or future law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or assisting with law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- Conducting identity and/or credit checks and/or debt collection;
- Carrying out other services in connection with the operation of the Company’s business;
- Sending out administrative communications about any account you may have with the Company or about future changes to this PICS;
- Performing relevant due diligence procedures in accordance with the Common Reporting Standard (or Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information) as set out in the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112); and
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Transfer of personal data：Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be transferred to:
- Any of our affiliates;
- Any person (including private investigators and claims investigation companies) in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you in respect of any products/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates;
- Any agent, contractor or third party who provide services in connection with the product/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates, including any reinsurance company, insurance intermediary, fund management company , health management institution or financial institution;
- Any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technology, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, call centre services, direct marketing services or other services to the Company and/or our affiliates in connection with the operation of its business;
- Other companies who help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- Any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights or business;
- Any government department or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authority (which may be further transferred to governmental or regulatory authority of certain other jurisdiction(s)) to whom the Company and/or our affiliates are requested or required by any applicable, present, existing or future law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines to make disclosures;
- Any financial services provider industry association or federation;
- Any person preventing and detecting insurance fraud, who may collect and use the personal data only as reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes of preventing and detecting insurance fraud: insurance adjusters, agents and brokers; employers; health care professionals; hospitals; accountants; financial advisors; solicitors; fraud prevention organisations; other insurance companies (whether directly or through fraud prevention organisation or other persons named in this paragraph), and databases or registers (and their operators) used by the insurance industry to analyse and check information provided against existing information.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties who may be located in Hong Kong or outside of Hong Kong, and in this regard you consent to the transfer of your data outside of Hong Kong.
Transfer of your personal data will only be made for one or more of the purposes specified above. For our policy on using your personal data for promotional or marketing purposes, please see the section entitled “Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes”.
Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes：The Company intends to:
- Use your name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour , financial background and demographic data held by the Company from time to time for direct marketing;
- Conduct direct marketing (including providing reward, loyalty or privileges programmes) in relation to the following classes of products and services that the Company, our affiliates and our co-branding partners may offer:
- Insurance, annuities, banking, wealth management, retirement plans, investment, financial services, credit cards, securities and related products and services; and
- Health, wellness and medical, food and beverage, sporting activities, memberships and related products and services;
- The above products and services may be provided by the Company and/or:
- Any of our affiliates;
- Third party financial institutions;
- The Company, our affiliates and our co-branding partners providing the products and services set out in 2;
- Third party reward, loyalty or privileges programme providers; and
- External service providers supporting the Company or any of the above listed entities in providing the products and services set out in 2.
- In addition to marketing the above products and services, the Company also intends to provide the data described in 1 above to all or any of the persons described in 3 above for use by them in marketing those products and services;
- The Company requires your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to use and provide the data to the third parties as set out above for any promotional or marketing purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to the use and provision to a third party of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time, and thereafter the Company shall, without charge to you, cease to use such data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact the Company’s Personal Data Protection Officer (details below).
Access and correction of personal data : Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to ascertain whether the Company holds your personal data, to correct any data that is inaccurate, and to ascertain the Company's policies and practices in relation to personal data. You may also request the Company to inform you of the type of personal data held by it.
Requests for access and correction or for information regarding policies and practices and types of data held should be addressed in writing to:
The Personal Data Protection Officer
China Life Insurance (Overseas) Company Limited
22/F, CLI Building, 313 Hennessy Road,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Fax : （852） 2892 0520
The Company have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data request.