Personal Information Collection Statement
Personal Information Collection Statement
China Life Trustees Limited
China Life Trustees Limited (the “Company”) recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by the Company is accurate. The Company will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorized or accidental access, erasure or other use.
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. Please note that if you do not provide us with the required personal information, the Company may not be able to provide your requested information, products or services.
Purpose: From time to time it is necessary for us to use your personal data for the following purposes:
- offering and providing to you the China Life MPF Master Trust Scheme (“MPF Scheme”) or related products/services of the Company and other companies of the China Life Group (“our affiliates”), and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such MPF Scheme or related products/services;
- processing and evaluating any applications or requests made by you or in respect of your benefits in the MPF Scheme or related products/services offered by the Company and our affiliates;
- providing subsequent services to you on the MPF Scheme or related products/services of the Company and our affiliates and the administration thereof e.g. enrollment and termination, variations, calculation of contributions and benefits and the processing of redemption/withdrawal/switching/transfer requests;
- any purposes in connection with any claims or benefits payment or transfer requests made by or against or otherwise involving you or your benefits in respect of the MPF Scheme or related products/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates;
- evaluating your financial needs with respect to the MPF Scheme and related products/services;
- designing new or enhancing existing MPF scheme or related products/services of the Company and/or our affiliates;
- conducting market or actuarial research for statistical or similar purposes undertaken by the Company and/or our affiliates, the MPF industry or our respective regulators;
- matching any data held which relates to you from time to time for any of the purposes listed herein;
- meeting requirements imposed by any applicable, present, existing or future law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines (including sending of information) or assisting with law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- conducting identity check and/or debt collection for the MPF Scheme and related business;
- carrying out other services in connection with the operation of the Company’s MPF Scheme or related business;
- sending out administrative communications about any account you may have with the Company, MPF Scheme communications or about future changes to this Personal Information Collection Statement;
- performing relevant due diligence procedures in accordance with the Common Reporting Standard (or Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information) as set out in the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112); and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Transfer of personal data: Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be shared with the following for the purpose of exercise and performance of the Company's functions conferred or imposed by or under the MPF laws:
- any of our affiliates;
- any person in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you or your benefits in respect of the MPF Scheme or related products/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates;
- any agent, contractor or third party who help provide services in connection with the MPF Scheme or related product/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates, including any service providers engaged by the Company, MPF intermediary, fund management company or financial institution;
- any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technology, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, securities clearing, call centre services or other services to the Company and/or our affiliates in connection with the MPF Scheme or related business;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights or business; and
- any government department or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authority (which may be further transferred to governmental or regulatory authority of certain other jurisdiction(s)) to whom the Company and/or our affiliates are requested or required by any applicable, present, existing or future law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines to make disclosures.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties who may be located in Hong Kong or outside of Hong Kong, and in this regard you consent to the transfer of your data outside of Hong Kong.
Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes: The Company intends to:
- use your name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by the Company from time to time for direct marketing of the MPF Scheme or related products/services by the Company and/or our affiliates;
- The Company requires your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to use your personal data for any promotional or marketing purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time, and thereafter the Company shall, without charge to you, cease to use such data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer (details below).
Access and correction of personal data: Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to ascertain whether the Company holds your personal data, to correct any data that is inaccurate, and to ascertain the Company's policies and practices in relation to personal data. You may also request the Company to inform you of the type of personal data held by it. Requests for access and correction or for information regarding policies and practices and types of data held should be addressed in writing to:
- The Personal Data Protection Officer
- China Life Trustees Limited
- Room 801, 8/F, Tower A, China Life Center, One HarbourGate,
- 18 Hung Luen Road, Hung Hom, Kowloon
- Telephone: (852) 3999 5555
- Fax: (852) 2893 2103
The Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data request.