China Life Trustees Limited
China Life Trustees Limited (the “Company”) recognizes its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by the Company is accurate. The Company will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorized or accidental access, erasure or other use. To learn more about how we secure your data, please read the Security Policy.
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. Please note that if you do not provide us with the required personal information, the Company may not be able to provide your requested information, products or services.
How do we collect personal data?
We will collect and store any information you enter the contact form or Smart Assistant Jarvis system on our website. We may also legally obtain personal or non-personal data of you from the affiliated entities. We may also collect some information about your computer or other devices used when you visit this website.
If you use any social media features or platforms, either through our website, or otherwise through a social media provider, we may review and collect information about you through relevant social media providers in accordance with their policies. When using social media features, we may review your social media profile or account selection to provide, including but not limited to your name, gender, birthday, email address, address, location etc. Our access to this information may be limited or blocked based on your privacy settings with the relevant social media provider.
How do we use your personal data?
The purposes for which any personal data provided by you to the Company may be used will vary depending on the nature of relationship which you as a data subject have with us.
If you are a customer of the Company, from time to time it is necessary to use your personal data for the following purposes:
- offering and providing to you the mandatory provident fund ("MPF") scheme, occupational retirement scheme (“ORSO”) or related products/services of the Company and other companies of the China Life Group (“affiliates”), and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such schemes or related products/services;
- processing and evaluating any applications or requests made by you or in respect of your benefits in the MPF/ORSO schemes or related products/services offered by the Company and the affiliates;
- providing subsequent services to you on the MPF/ORSO schemes or related products/services of the Company and the affiliates and the administration thereof e.g. enrollment and termination, variations, calculation of contributions and benefits and the processing of redemption/withdrawal/switching/transfer requests;
- any purposes in connection with any claims or benefits payment or transfer requests made by or against or otherwise involving you or your benefits in respect of the MPF/ORSO schemes or related products/services provided by the Company and/or the affiliates;
- evaluating your financial needs with respect to the MPF/ORSO schemes and related products/services;
- designing new or enhancing existing MPF/ORSO schemes or related products/services of the Company and/or the affiliates;
- conducting market or actuarial research for statistical or similar purposes undertaken by the Company and/or the affiliates, the MPF/ORSO industry or the respective regulators;
- matching any data held which relates to you from time to time for any of the purposes listed herein;
- meeting requirements imposed by any applicable, present, existing or future law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines (including sending of information) or assisting with law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- conducting identity check and/or debt collection for the MPF/ORSO schemes and related business;
- carrying out other services in connection with the operation of the Company's MPF/ORSO schemes or related business;
- sending out administrative communications about any account you may have with the Company, MPF/ORSO schemes communications or future changes to the Company’s Personal Information Collection Statement;
- performing relevant due diligence procedures in accordance with the Common Reporting Standard (or Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information) as set out in the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap. 112);
- other purpose(s) as notified at the time of collection; and
- other purpose(s) directly relating to any of the above.
How do we collect personal data?
Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be shared with the below parties for the purpose of exercise and performance of the Company's functions conferred or imposed by or under the MPF/ORSO laws:
- any of the affiliates;
- any person in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you or your benefits in respect of the MPF/ORSO schemes or related products/services provided by the Company and/or the affiliates;
- any agent, contractor or third party who provide services in connection with the MPF/ORSO schemes or related product/services provided by the Company and/or the affiliates, including any service providers engaged by the Company, MPF intermediary, fund management company or financial institution;
- any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technology, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, securities clearing, call centre services or other services to the Company and/or the affiliates in connection with the MPF/ORSO schemes or related business;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights or business; and
- any law enforcement agency, government department or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authority (which may be further transferred to law enforcement agency, government department or other governmental or regulatory authority of certain other jurisdiction(s)) to whom the Company and/or the affiliates are requested or required by any applicable, present, existing or future law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines to make disclosures.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties who may be located in Hong Kong or outside of Hong Kong, and in this regard, you consent to the transfer of your personal data outside Hong Kong.
Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes
The Company intends to use your name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by the Company from time to time for direct marketing of the MPF/ORSO schemes or related products/services by the Company and/or the affiliates.
The Company requires your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to use your personal data for any promotional or marketing purpose.
- How do I opt out from direct marketing?
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time, and thereafter the Company shall, without charge to you, cease to use such data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact the Company’s Personal Data Protection Officer (details below).
How do I access and correct my personal data?
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to ascertain whether the Company holds your personal data, to correct any data that is inaccurate, and to ascertain the Company's policies and practices in relation to personal data. You may also request the Company to inform you of the type of personal data held by it.
Requests for access and correction or for information regarding policies and practices and types of data held should be addressed in writing to:
The Personal Data Protection Officer,
China Life Trustees Limited
17/F, CLI Building, 313 Hennessy Road,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Telephone: (852) 3999 5555
Fax: (852) 2893 2103
The Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data request.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
In order to provide the most convenient Internet services to you, we occasionally use "cookies". Cookies are small data files that are automatically stored in your web browsers that can be retrieved by this website. Cookies can make this website more user friendly by storing information about your browsing preferences on particular websites, thus enabling us to provide more useful features and information to you. These cookies do not collect or store your name, address or any personal data. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may disable the cookies by changing the settings on your web browser.
Due to the inherently insecure nature of Internet communications, there is no guarantee that the contents of any email or messages sent over this website will remain private. If you have any such concerns, you may prefer to use the telephone or post system instead.