Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme Flexi Plan - Healthy Life Medical Insurance Plan series
|Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme - Flexi Plan Certification Number||Healthy Life Medical Insurance Plan||Healthy Life Premier Medical Insurance Plan|
|Available for New Application||F00024-01-000-02||F00030-01-000-02
|Not Available for New Application||F00024-01-000-01||F00030-01-000-01
Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme Provider Registration No: 00021 (Registration Effective Date: 28 Feb 2019)
|Terms and Conditions|
|Available for New Application||Not Available for New Application|
|Healthy Life Medical Insurance Plan||Download||Download|
|Healthy Life Premier Medical Insurance Plan|
|Semi-private with SMM||Download||Download|
|Private with SMM||Download||Download|
|Healthy Life Medical Insurance Plan||Healthy Life Premier Medical Insurance Plan|
5 plan levels for your selection
The 5 plan levels include the ward level coverage of Healthy Life Medical Insurance Plan, and the semi-private room or private room coverage of Healthy Life Premier Medical Insurance Plan. If you take up Healthy Life Premier Medical Insurance Plan, you may also select supplementary major medical benefit for higher protection. If the actual medical expenses exceed the benefit limit, the supplementary major medical benefit will pay maximum 80% of the excess amount. This way you can focus on your treatment. For details of the benefit item and amount of each plan level, please refer to the benefit schedule.
Guaranteed renewal1 to age 100
So long as you have enrolled in the Plan successfully, the Plan is guaranteed to renew to age 100 regardless of your health condition and claim history after enrolment.
No claim discount
There will be a discount on premium if no benefits have been paid in the past 3 consecutive policy years or more. The discount will be 15% of the premium of next policy year and to be deducted upon premium payment.
No lifetime benefit limit whilst covering pre-existing conditions
There is no lifetime benefit limit set in the Plan but it is subject to an aggregate benefit limit for each year. In addition, pre-existing conditions are also covered where certain limitation are applied in the first 3 years after the Plan becomes effective. For more information, please refer to item 6 of the important note stated in this product brochure.
Coverage for hospital confinement and surgical fees
The expenses related to room and board, attending doctor's visit fee, specialist's fee, surgical fees and miscellaneous charges during confinement2,3 are covered, releasing you from any kind of financial burden. Please refer to the benefit schedule for the benefit amount of each item.
Extended benefit - outpatient care
The Plan not only provides hospital confinement and surgical benefits, but also covers the expenses related to pre- and post-confinement / day case procedure4 outpatient care.
Prescribed non-surgical cancer treatments, prescribed diagnostic imaging tests and psychiatric treatments
The cost for treating cancer is expensive. This is why the Plan offers coverage on prescribed non-surgical cancer treatment procedures, including radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy and hormonal therapy. Furthermore, the Plan also covers prescribed diagnostic imaging tests (e.g. magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)) for the investigation or treatment of a disabilitydisability, as well as psychiatric treatments during the confinement in Hong Kong.
Healthy Life Premier Medical Insurance Plan of the Plan also provides the following enhanced benefits:
- Emergency out-patient care (accidental injury) - the insured person is treated as a day patient in the emergency department of a hospital within 24 hours of an accident occurred that causes the disability
- Home nursing (post surgery) – the service is provided at home by a registered nurse5 within 60 days from the date on which the insured person is discharged from the hospital
- Organ donor benefit
- Outpatient kidney dialysis
- Rehabilitative care
- Companion bed
The Plan is a certified plan under VHIS where the policy holder may enjoy a tax deduction. For details on tax deductions, please visit Inland Revenue Department (IRD) of HKSAR website and consult your tax and accounting advisors for tax advice.
Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme Flexi Plan - Healthy Life Medical Insurance Plan series6
|Plan type||Indemnity plan|
|Issue age||15 days to age 80|
|Benefit term||To age 100 of the insured person|
|Premium payment term||To age 99 of the insured person|
|Premium payment mode||Annual or monthly7|
- China Life (Overseas) reserves the right to review the premium rates on each policy anniversary and revises the terms and conditions and/or the benefit items of the policy from time to time.
- Hospital means an establishment duly constituted and registered as a hospital under the laws of the relevant territory in which it is established, which is for providing medical service for sick and injured persons as Inpatients, and which (a) has facilities for diagnosis and major operations; (b) provides 24 hours nursing services by licensed or registered nurses; (c) has 1 or more Registered Medical Practitioners; and (d) is not primarily a clinic, a place for alcoholics or drug addicts, a nature care clinic, a health hydro, a nursing, rest or convalescent home, a hospice or palliative care centre, a rehabilitation centre, an elderly home or similar establishment.
- Confinement means an admission of the insured personInsured person to a hospital that is recommended by a registered medical practitioner for medical service and as an Inpatient as a result of a medically necessary condition for a period of no less than 6 consecutive hours. No minimum period is required for confinement in connection with any emergency treatment in a hospital as a result of an emergency for the performance of a surgical procedure or other medical service in a hospital. Confinement shall be evidenced by a daily room charge invoiced by the hospital and the insured person must stay in the hospital continuously for the entire period of confinement.
- Day case procedure means a medically necessary surgical procedure for investigation or treatment to the insured person performed in a medical clinic, or day case procedure centre or Hospital with facilities for recovery as a Day Patient.
- Licensed nurse means an independent person who, upon successful completion of a course at a recognized college or school of nursing, is legally authorized by the government of the geographical area of his or her practice to render nursing services.
- Only one policy holder is allowed per policy.
- If the required renewal premium is paid by you within the grace period, the policy shall continue to be in force. For details, please refer to the terms and conditions issued by China Life (Overseas).