MasterCare Medical Plan
Health is invaluable. We understand you would have the best health protection for yourself and your family. Therefore, we present MasterCare Medical Plan (“the Plan”) to our most prestigious customers like you, providing you comprehensive and quality health protection plan with true peace of mind.
The Plan not only covers the medical expenses for hospital stays in a standard private room1 and surgery, but also covers medical expenses before and after confinement, including cancer treatment, rehabilitation, traditional Chinese medicine, etc.. The Plan has no lifetime limit2, while most benefit items such as room and board and surgical fees are fully covered.
What’s more, you have the choice of 3 plans covering different regions, namely worldwide, worldwide (exclude USA) 3 and Asia4, which you can select according to your budget and protection needs.
Options of various geographical coverage and deductibles
The Plan comes with 3 geographical coverage options for you to choose:
|Entitles you to worldwide medical care, including leading hospitals in the USA|
|Worldwide (exclude USA)3|
|You can select this option if you always travel between Europe and Asia|
|Entitles you to medical care in Asia at an afforable premium|
The Plan also provides 5 levels of deductibles, namely the amount you pay for benefit items each policy year before we settle your claims, for you to choose the most suitable one financially. Choices of deductibles include:
If you have a medical plan, you can top up your cover with the Plan to enhance your protection by choosing a higher deductible in order to lower the premium. Alternatively, you may opt for a lower or even zero deductible to enjoy a higher benefit amount.
Guaranteed renewal without a lifetime limit
Upon successful enrollment, regardless of your subsequent health conditions and claims history, renewal is guaranteed5. Also, the Plan has no lifetime limit2, so you do not have to worry about medical expenses.
Full Coverage for most benefit items of hospitalization and surgical expenses
The Plan provides you with full coverage for room and board charges during hospitalization, doctor’s fees, miscellaneous hospital expenses, intensive care and surgeon’s fees, etc., (please refer to the “benefits schedule” for the maximum benefit amount) helping to relieve the financial burden that substantial medical expenses may bring to you and your family. The Plan also covers the medical expenses incurred for day-case surgery. What’s more, the Plan provides a cash allowance for surgery to enhance your protection.
Hospitalization direct billing service
Prior to your hospital7 admission, all you have to do is to complete the pre-approval procedures8 and receive our notification of arrangement, and we will settle your medical expenses directly with the hospital after your discharge, so you can focus on your recovery without the need of going through complex claims procedures.
All-round protection before and after hospitalization
In addition to hospitalization and surgical benefits, the Plan also covers medical expenses incurred for consultation before and after your hospital stay, private nurse’s fees and rehabilitation. Furthermore, the Plan offers you an array of extended benefits (please refer to the “benefits schedule” for details) including:
- Ancillary services, including treatments by registered physiotherapists, chiropractors, speech therapists, osteopathic therapists, occupational therapists and dietitians
- Cancer treatments, including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, target therapy, hormonal therapy, immunotherapy, etc.
- Kidney Dialysis9
- Traditional Chinese Medicines
- Reconstructive surgery benefit
- Stroke rehabilitation benefit
- HIV/AIDS treatment10
- Pregnancy complications11
- Hospice Care
As your lifetime health partner, the Plan also provides you with a medical check-up once every 2 years, enabling you to keep track of your health status.
Option to reduce deductibles at designated age without medical underwriting
We understand you may need different levels of medical protection when going through different stages in your life. The Plan offers you the right to reduce your existing deductible without having to undergo any medical underwriting6 once you reach age 50, 55, 60 or 65. This assists you in better planning or your life in retirement.
No claim deductible discount
Starting from the 2nd policy anniversary, you can enjoy a 15% discount on deductibles in the following policy year if you take out plan 2, 3 or 4 (excluding plan 1 and 5) and no benefits have been paid12 in the past 2 consecutive policy years. If no benefits have been paid12 in every subsequent policy year, you can enjoy an additional 5% discount on deductibles annually, with the maximum discount up to 100%.
Please refer to the “benefits schedule” of the product brochure of the Plan for the details.
MasterCare Medical Plan
|Plan type||Combo medical plan|
|Issue Age||15 days to age 70|
|Benefit term||Whole life|
|Premium payment term||Whole life|
|Area of cover||Worldwide, worldwide (exclude USA)3 and Asia4|
|Deductible options||Plan 1: HKD0 / USD0 / RMB0
Plan 2: HKD9,000 / USD1,125 / RMB7,200
Plan 3: HKD28,000 / USD3,500 / RMB22,400
Plan 4: HKD100,000 / USD12,500 / RMB80,000
Plan 5: HKD500,000 / USD62,500 / RMB400,000
|Premium payment mode||Annual, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly|
|Policy currency||HKD/ USD/ RMB|
- Standard private room refers to a room for single occupancy and private use of the insured during his/her confinement, which contains a private bedroom, lavatory and bathroom without any or all of the en-suite facilities: companion room, lavatory for visitor, kitchen, dining room or sitting room. The standard private room shall exclude any deluxe, suite, executive rooms and other upgraded rooms or the equivalence.
- Annual limit is applicable to this Plan. Please refer to the “benefits schedule” for details.
- If the medical expenses are incurred in the USA, the Plan will only cover the medical expenses arising from accidents.
- Asia refers to Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, North Korea, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. If the medical expenses are incurred outside the covered areas, the Plan will only cover the medical expenses arising from accidents.
- China Life (Overseas) reserves the right to review the premium rates on each policy anniversary and revises the terms and conditions and/or the benefit items of the policy from time to time. If we decide to no longer offer the Plan, we will endeavor to enroll the Insured in another available medical plan.
- The insured is entitled to reduce the deductible without underwriting for one time only and he/she can exercise the right at age 50, 55, 60 or 65 only. After reduction of the deductible, China Life (Overseas) will adjust the premium according to the premium rate applicable to a particular risk class, the actual age of the insured and the special condition(s) applicable to his/her policy. After reduction of the deductible, the new deductible will apply to the claims over the covered diseases and covered injuries. The annual deductible under plan 5 shall not be lower than HKD100,000 or the currency equivalent.
- Hospital does not include any establishment or that portion of an establishment which is operated as a convalescent or nursing home, rest home, home for the aged, or an establishment for rehabilitation of alcoholics or drug addicts, or any similar purpose. For the list of designated hospitals located in China, please refer to China Life (Overseas)’s website https://www.chinalife.com.hk/customer-service/claims/hospitals-in-china.
- The Plan offers “direct billing service”. To access the service, you are required to seek China Life (Overseas)’s prior authorization by completing a pre-approval procedure before hospital admission. Please refer to MasterCare Medical Plan direct billing pre-approval form for details.
- The insured must be diagnosed with chronic and irreversible kidney failure.
- The waiting period of HIV/AIDS Treatment Benefit is 5 years. The benefit is only payable if the signs or symptoms of such illness occur for the first time. This benefit is only payable once and the payment of this benefit shall be in lieu of all other benefits provided by the policy in respect of such Confinement and treatment. This benefit is not applicable to the Asia Plan.
- The waiting period of Pregnancy Complications Benefit is 1 year. This benefit is not applicable to the Asia Plan.
- Excluding benefits payable under hospital cash benefit, lower room class cash benefit, day case surgery fee and cash allowance for day case surgery.