Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme Standard Plan - Guard Your Health Medical Insurance Plan
|Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme - Standard Plan Certification Number|
|Available for New Application||S00021-01-000-02|
|Not Available for New Application||S00021-01-000-01|
Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme Provider Registration No: 00021 (Registration Effective Date: 28 Feb 2019)
Enjoy 30% premium discount on the first year’s premium! Click here for details.
|Terms and Conditions|
|Available for New Application||Not Available for New Application|
Guaranteed renewal1 to age 100
So long as you have enrolled in the Plan successfully, the Plan is guaranteed to renew to age 100 regardless of your health condition and claim history after enrollment.
Coverage for hospital confinement and surgical fees
Regardless of the ward to which you are admitted in the hospital2,3, the expenses related to room and board, attending doctor's visit fee, specialist's fee, surgical fees and miscellaneous charges are covered, releasing you from any kind of financial burden. Please refer to the benefit schedule for the benefit amount of each item.
Extended benefit - outpatient care
The Plan not only provides hospital confinement and surgical benefits, but also covers the expenses related to pre and post confinement / day case procedure4 outpatient care.
Prescribed non-surgical cancer treatments, prescribed diagnostic imaging tests and psychiatric treatments
The cost for treating cancer is expensive. This is why the Plan offers coverage on prescribed non-surgical cancer treatment procedures, including radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy and hormonal therapy. The benefit amount per policy year is up to HKD80,000. Furthermore, the Plan also covers prescribed diagnostic imaging tests (e.g. magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)) for the investigation or treatment of a disability, as well as psychiatric treatments during the confinement in Hong Kong.
No lifetime benefit limit whilst covering pre-existing conditions
There is no lifetime benefit limit set in the Plan but it is subject to an aggregate benefit limit of HKD420,000 for each year. In addition, pre-existing conditions are also covered where certain limitation are applied in the first 3 years after the Plan becomes effective. For more information, please refer to item 6 of the important information stated in this product brochure.
Compassionate death benefit
In the event the insured person passes away during the benefit term, the Plan will offer a compassionate death benefit to the beneficiary.
The Plan is a certified plan under VHIS where the policy holder may enjoy a tax deduction. For details on tax deductions, please visit Inland Revenue Department (IRD) of HKSAR website and consult your tax and accounting advisors for tax advice.
Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme Standard Plan - Guard Your Health Medical Insurance Plan5
|Plan type||Indemnity plan|
|Issue age||15 days to age 80|
|Benefit term||To age 100 of the insured person|
|Premium payment term||To age 99 of the insured person|
|Premium payment mode||Annual or monthly6|
- China Life (Overseas) reserves the right to review the premium rates on each policy anniversary and revises the terms and conditions and/or the benefit items of the policy from time to time.
- Hospital means an establishment duly constituted and registered as a hospital under the laws of the relevant territory in which it is established, which is for providing medical service for sick and injured persons as inpatients, and which (a) has facilities for diagnosis and major operations; (b) provides 24 hours nursing services by licensed or registered nurses; (c) has 1 or more registered medical practitioners; and (d) is not primarily a clinic, a place for alcoholics or drug addicts, a nature care clinic, a health hydro, a nursing, rest or convalescent home, a hospice or palliative care centre, a rehabilitation centre, an elderly home or similar establishment.
- Confinement means an admission of the insured person to a hospital that is recommended by a registered medical practitioner for medical service and as an Inpatient as a result of a medically necessary condition for a period of no less than 6 consecutive hours. No minimum period is required for confinement in connection with any emergency treatment in a hospital as a result of an emergency for the performance of a surgical procedure or other medical service in a hospital. Confinement shall be evidenced by a daily room charge invoiced by the hospital and the insured person must stay in the hospital continuously for the entire period of confinement.
- Day case procedure means a medically necessary surgical procedure for investigation or treatment to the insured person performed in a medical clinic, or day case procedure centre or Hospital with facilities for recovery as a Day Patient.
- Only one policy holder is allowed per policy.
- If the required renewal premium is paid by you within the grace period, the policy shall continue to be in force. For details, please refer to the terms and conditions issued by China Life (Overseas).
Inclusion of value-added taxes and goods and services taxes as Eligible Expenses under VHIS Certified Plans
With respect of any Eligible Expenses under the VHIS Certified Plans incurred on or after 1 March 2022, Eligible Expenses shall include value-added taxes and goods and services taxes (“VAT and GST”) (if any) charged or imposed on the relevant medical expenses incurred, subject to the Terms and Benefits applicable in the relevant Certified Plans. The relevant Supplement will be sent to all policy holders concerned by 1 March 2022.
For any queries, please contact our Customer Service Hotline at (852) 3999 5519.
You have the right to purchase the medical insurance product as a standalone plan instead of bundling with other type(s) of insurance product.